VOLUNTEERING AT THE FESTIVAL
Do you have what it takes to hustle with us at #DISTRICT 2018!? Volunteers play an important part in the festival, and gain entry to the festival in exchange for 24 hours (4 x 6 hours or 3 x 8 hour shifts) of voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS WILL BE SUPPLIED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- A festival volunteer vest and info pack.
- Time out to enjoy the show – you only work 24 hours over the course of the festival and are welcome to enjoy the festival when off-shift.
Please ensure that the email address you provide when applying is working and not full as communications come via emails from email@example.com
Briefing: Thursday 11 October 2018
Working: 3 x 8hr shifts or 4 x 6hr shifts over the course of the weekend.
The weekend volunteer role may involved assisting in the following areas:
- Entrance Gates
- Arena Entrances
- Car Parks
- Production Areas
- Info Stations.
The weekend volunteer role can include the following:
- Roaming Information Stewards
- Assisting festival-goers with directions
- Answering questions about performances, line ups and site facilities
- Assisting with queue management, ticket/wristband check points
- Helping direct vehicles at certain areas
- To be helpful in emergency situations onsite – directing public to safe area etc
- To be the ‘eyes and ears’ of the festival, reporting any problems, e.g. faulty facilities, build up of litter or any other potential hazards
IN ORDER TO APPLY:
1) Read and agree to the Volunteer Terms and Conditions.
2) Pay a refundable BOND of R200 by the closing date. This will be refunded 2-3 weeks after the event if shifts are completed satisfactorily.
3) Be 18 years or over before the start of October 2018. Photo ID will be required on arrival.
4) Be available to arrive at the Festival site by 12.00 noon on Thursday, 11 October 2018.
Make your own way to and from the festival, train and bus information will be provided and Crew car parking will be made available.
Be prepared to wear your designated hi-vis vest and be easily recognisable as a festival volunteer – all health and safety instructions should be adhered to, for your own protection and safety.
Supply a recent photo for our photo board on arrival.
Bring clothing appropriate for the weather – to use protective clothing in adverse weather conditions and sun cream as protection from the sun.
When you are off-shift you are free to enjoy the festival.
Please ensure that the email address you provide when applying is working, add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, and check your spam filter regularly.